Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stitches East and Sock Club

I am in recovery mode. It was a great weekend and I was so happy to meet so many people. Sherri from Loopy Ewe stopped by and grabbed a picture for her blog.
Adam, Erica and I had a ball, Erica showed me some cool knitting things that I had not really been exposed to before (like "pretty" stitch markers and special knitting bags). I think Adam got a lot out of it as well. Erica taught him how to knit socks on two 24" inch circulars which was good for him because he really has a hard time with double pointed needles. I was so impressed with how quickly he learned that I decided to pick up some patterns from Kalamazoo Knits (Rav). Mostly I am carrying their Easy Socks on Circulars. I will put them up on my website and I highly recommend them. The greatest thing is that they knit up a variety of sizes. The sock pattern of theirs that I am currently making is the Dressed to the 9's Cable Sock Pattern.
The picture is kind of dark and I will work on getting better ones. The weather here in Washington doesn't always cooperate. The color of the sock is in my new WoW color of the month Something Finney inspired by Murlocs. The other colorway for November is the one that won the vote below call Rezzing Again. That is what always happens to me when I encounter Murlocs. Hmnphh.

So back to Adam's Sock. I realize that once we started knitting the promotional patterns that I was giving out for free at the show that I had swapped the pictures on the 2 patterns. I hope that doesn't cause too much confusion, if people have questions I would be happy to send out a corrected pattern. ANYWAYS! The sock:

Adam calls this color Gargoyle Sunrise. He is making the sock out of Supersock Select DK. He says he is going to dye some more colors for Stitches West. I am always excited about his dyeing, and amazed that even though we use the same dyes and dyeing methods, he still manages to do colors I don't.

I am going to take down last months sock club colors by the end of this week and put the new ones up. We just moved into the new house fully and for some reason my phone service is not working, so if you have tried to call me, I haven't been able to answer. It's on my list of a million things to do today. So bear with me as I get everything sorted out. Email receipts are coming soon, hopefully by the end if the day if quickbooks would stop freezing my computer. Patterns are coming soon. I just keep chugging along moving forward with the next thing I think you guys might like.

On a last note, a lady who purchased some dyes/ blanks and a DVD from me sent me a picture of the yarn she dyed her first time. I have some other first time photos that I have been holding onto and when I find a good place to put them all up I will certainly do so. So keep pictures of dying exploits with your indie dyer stuff and finished objects with your indie dyer yarns. I adore seeing them.


- From Crista called Blue Lagoon.

No comments: