Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time Flies!


Has it really been two weeks since my last post? It seems like just yesterday!

Well Stitches South was a great show and I had a good time, but I brought A LOT of stock and so I had quite a bit left over. As you can see I brought the Cherry Tree Hill Semi Solids to the show and they are gorgeous! I had some left over, and all of the colors are up on my website. Cherry Tree Hill is hosting a design contest and the top prize is $1,000 and the payout goes to fourth place.

Since I carry needles and patterns at the shows, I though I would put them up on my website as well, I have the HiyaHiya 9" circular sock needles and I have the Square Needles from Kollage Yarn. They are both pretty darn cool, if you have never heard of them or tried them you might want to get with the times (I mean um... check them out)!

I will be receiving back the dyed yarn from the show tomorrow and I will be putting up all of the colors as soon as I photograph them. For some reason going to Atlanta made me feel... floral. I always think of the the Southern Belle sterotype and Georgia peaches so I didn't fight it. Spring is my favorite time of year and I love tulips and daffodils so you will see a lot of "flower" influences in my work. I enjoy allwoing seasonal things creep into my work.

As far as cool discounts, I offered a show special on a modified version of the Simply Supersock sweater by Sally Melvile.

It comes in a 34", 37.5", 41", and 44". The first 2 sizes uses 4 skeins, and the 41" uses 5 skeins and the largest size uses 6 skeins. I will be putting a kit up on my site for $75 for the smallest two sizes, $100 for the 41" and $125 for the largest size.

For those of you looking for the Short Sleeve Directions:

Short Sleeves – With Larger needles and using the cable cast on method CO 87 (89,96,106) sts. Knit 7 rows. Purl 1 row ( WS row). Next Row (RS row) K5 (6,4,3) work Garter Vine pattern end K 5 (6,3,3) st. Continue in pattern keeping first and last stitches in stockinette, until sleeve measures 1.5”. Follow Sleeve Cap directions for longer sleeve.

The regular sweater is a 3/4 length sweater and was shown in Cherry Tree Hill's Java.

No comments: