Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Something Old, Something New

Hello Everyone-

So in light of Adam going to Iraq we have decided to do an impromptu wedding on the 21st. It was just going to be a courthouse wedding with just the two of us, but instead it has morphed into a small wedding with 20 family members. Some how this non wedding where we weren't doing any planning or anything special, has morphed into this real wedding with planning and things. How does that happen?

Adam and I were in the car the other night and discussing how to manage all the people, reservations and stuff and suddenly it hit us. This is turning into a "thing." We laughed about it. Such is life huh?

So it has been really cold here and I am sick with some kind of flu and dreading going out into the coldish dye room to dye the yarn and samples I owe. I am going to bundle up and truck out there after sleeping the day away today. I am excited about the colors I have been thinking about the past couple of days and wish that I had more dye. Once Adam heads to Iraq I will probably try to move somewhere warmer. I know people love it here, but I require more sunshine.

I sold so much dye at Stitches West that when I came home I had less then half of what I came out with! I had just brought a fresh dye order to the show. It's a good sign. Unfortunately my supplier is saying dye orders are going to be delayed 3 weeks. Sigh. I hate waiting and I hate making people wait.

So I am headed to Stitches South and I am pretty excited, I am always working on booth redesigns and I have some cool idea for the next booth. Some day I will look back at the indie dyer booth evolutions and laugh I am sure.

I have a bunch of pictures to put up so I will take some shots of my new Sweater designed by Debbie O'Neil. Thanks to everyone who volunteered for test knitting, I really appreciate it.

Talk to you Soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the wedding!! It is funny how a wedding always turns into a bigger "thing" than you mean it to... ;)

Knit Witch said...

Congrats on the wedding! My husband and I didn't tell anyone we were getting married - just went and did it! That really kept the crowd down! I just didn't want to deal with all the family BS that happens when my family gets together!!! :)

Grenadine Girl said...

Congrats on the wedding and your stitches success! Good luck at Stitches South!

knitluck.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wedding!

I was so happy to see you're going to Stitches South. I was at Stitches West this year with a group of friends (I'm from the SF Bay Area and just "happened" to be in town for Stitches West, golly what great timing) and I'm going to Stitches South with a couple of friends (currently living in GA with my partner) so yay! I get to see you again. I'm the dork that was talking about how you were the person I got my WoW yarn from and high fived you. Sorry for geeking out so much. But yay! Now I can show my g/f your yarn (as I drag her with me).