Sunday, May 11, 2008

UPDATE!

Hey

I didn't expect to get such a tremendous response so quickly. I am going to offer all my blanks for LESS then $10 dollars each, probably around $7 to $8 each, with no minimum purchases.

I am going to be selling skeins that are wound off, and tied loosely, but are grey goods. Leaving them as grey goods serves two purposes. The first is that it is faster and allows me to offer the blanks to you cheaper. The second is that it allows the individual dyer to wash the blanks as much or as little as they want prior to dying. This is important as too much washing can strip the wool of its lanolin and loft it too much. So rather then sending you the yarn pre-stripped, I will sell it unwashed.

I am also going to be offering fixatives (like Citric Acid, which better for the environment then vinegar and smells better too ;) ) and wetting agents in smaller quantities for indie dyers. I will be offering a line of professional dyes that are environmentally friendly and contain no metals, or harsh chemicals (no acetic acid, no ureic acid, no tin, no aluminum, etc,).

Another thing that I think there is a demand for is instruction. I am going to have some instructional DVDs made that emphasize the different dye processes for different fibers, and also the various uses for supplementals such as citric acid, soda ash, etc.

Tomorrow I will figure out exactly which blanks I can offer for what price.

Well that is all she wrote. Have a nice evening!

No comments: