Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WoW for "December"

Hello All--

My two new colors came out gorgeously way better then I expected, I dyed the first sample set in Select yarns. Currently I am getting a really good deal on the Select yarns and I will post the new prices when I put up the order forms. I need to wait for a break in the rain to get a good photo, so bear with me, the pictures are on the way.

The two colors this month are Thump Ba-Dump which is Kodo inspired, and Long Ears which is Night Elf inspired. The Long Ears has been a hard one to really get right. I have at least 3 different samples of it and none of them turned out quite right. When I went to dye it this time I had it all planned out and last minute changed all the colors I was going to use. I think some of my blues could have been brighter, but I will wait to see until it is totally dry. I am absolutely psyched for this round. The colors are so different when you dye them. They look almost too simplistic, too crayola. When I first saw the Thump Ba-Dump, I was really worried it turned out too dark. Now that it is almost dry both Adam and are totally in love with it. I am glad I held off on the freak out and waited to "redye" it. It turned out nice.

Hopefully the colors will be up by tomorrow afternoon. They are almost dry.

No comments: